The Ruin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ruin

The World of Warcraft guild The Ruin from Laughing Skull PvP (EU)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kelton - Death Knight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelton

Kelton - Death Knight Empty
PostSubject: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:51 pm

Personal Information

Name: Nicola aka. Nico.

Occupation: University student and future engineer (No I' m a blacksmith in game)

What languages can you speak?
: I master the Swedish, English and Serbo-Croatian language. I’ve noticed that there are a bunch of us in game Smile

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?:

Iv'e played it as a kid when it came out. Me along with the late great Xhertes whom later became my mentor in this game. Later I found a new interest in girls and skool so I retired. Now I'm alone and have been playin' on and off for a year. I would say that I'm a quick learner too.

Do you disconnect and/or lose your net often?:

When you learn to pay your own netbills the connection is key. So: Never ever ever.

Do you have any other interest besides WoW?:

Sounding like a true nerd, I have a few interests involving mathematics, economics and playing handball. Smile

Character Information

Character Name: Kelton
Race: Tauren
Class: Death Knight
Level: 80

Talent Specialization, and what makes that spec good?:
Unholy. 17/0/52. After the 3.1 patch came out, me and my good reallife mate Bandwagon had a discussion about the gnarliest damage specc would be. So it's a Kelton&Bandwagon special! Altho, he believes that Desecration is a total waste, while I don't. So we agree to disagree! Smile

Professions and why did you choose them?:

I chose Blacksmithing(447), mainly because I could make myself items at an early stage, but mainly to farm gold. Along with blacksmithing, I chose mining (450) becuz they really go hand in hand with eachother.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Kelton

Activity Usual Play Time:

When you live alone in a big city while the rest of your friends live miles away, WoW is really a good way to keep up with them. That's how it started and I am quite frankly online all day, everyday. Altho, I need to study sometimes for final exams and maybe, just maybe, go out clubbin'. Smile And If something would come up, it would be easy for me to contact any of my RLs or the officers to make sure that you guys know why I'm MIA.

Monday: 16.00 - 00.30 (Scrubs on tv)
Tuesday: 13.00 - 00.30 (Scrubs on tv)
Wednesday: 14.00 - 00.30 (Scrubs on tv)
Thursday: 17.00 - 00.30 (Scrubs on tv)
Friday: 15.00 - 01.00~

Days played:
A total of 19 days

Do you have Resistance gear?:

When you get to that high level in blacksmithing that making the Icebane set is possible, you start thinking about making it for i.e gearing up when facing Sapp. But since it doesn't seem needed at all in WoW anymore, getting Resist gear never was one of my priorities.

My Glyphs

Glyph of the Ghoul, Major: Giving my ghoul 40% of my strength and my stamina is great. You need a ghoul when specced Unholy, so why not buff up my fuggly mate?
Glyph of Raise dead, Minor: With the lack of good minor glyphs, this glyph spares me time and money on buying corpse dust.
Glyph of Pestilence, Minor: Increases the radius which is good when AoE'ing.
Glyph of Scourge Strike: Has a chance on bringing out Frostfever n' Bloodplauge = damage. Smile
Glyph of Dark Death: Increases the damage done by Death Coil 15%. 99.9% of all DK's cast death coil, which means that this glyph is a must.
Glyph of Horn of Winter: Increases the totaltime to 3 mins. HoW is a great buff for everyone, so you really want to raise the bufftime.

Experience And Reasons For Joining Us

What is your raiding experience on this Character? If your raid experience is on another Character please state that too:

Have done all raids altho not all with Kelton. Iv'e been playing healer/dps on my best mates priest also known as the former guildmaster of I GOTTA GO (those of you who were in the guild knows what I’m talking about) By having him by my side along with having great real life mates like Ludvigo, Bandwagon and Baliyan I swiftly mastered the tactics for every raid. I haven't done Ulduar yet, but I have been watching you guys and I have been reading about tactics about it, so I might have some suggestions.
Why do you want to join us?: There are many reasons for a player to join a guild in Warcraft. My main reason is to tag along with experienced players in raids and other activities. I also want to play along with real life friends as well as "ingame" friends. Another reason is that I am not all-knowing. I want to learn from you guys. I believe that to obtain new knowledge, you have to want the knowledge. And I want it, bad. Haha

Have you read our sticky about us?: Aye.

Do you understand what type of guild we are and what we will expect from you?:

I know science, and this is not advanced science. You guys want to be a good and respectable guild and I am a guy that shows and gets respect. I also know that respect is something that you earn, and I plan to earn the respect of every person in the guild. I am also more than willing to help the guild in any way i.e crafting gear or helping alts.

What guilds have you been in previously? And please state your reasons for leaving them:

I was in a guild called I GOTTA GO for a while which was a fun experience. Sadly, my laptop dissolved into a million pieces. ( No I didn’t throw it, I dropped it! ) So, I became very inactive for a month. When I returned to the server, everyone that was in IGG was retired and you guys formed a new guild called… The Ruin. So now I am applicating!

Is this your main character? Do you have any alts worth telling us about:

This is my main character and I am sticking to it. I got one alt on this account:
Tombus: Level 68 Orc Warlock.

Other Notes

Can you use Ventrilo? Do you have a mic that you aren't afraid to use when required?:
Yea, I use it and I’m hardly afraid of talking to random people. It often leads to comradeship and lots of fun. I do speak good English so don’t worry about that part!

Do you have raiding addons installed?:
The IGG must have addons ofcourse; Deadly Boss mode, Omen, Recount.

Off The Record

When making an application like this, you really cannot put a man’s personality in words. You must experience it. I really wish that you guys read my application and think about the person who’s playing Kelton and not only “OMGZ gear sux etc”. Obtaining gear is easy, finding good, respectful and people is hard in WoW today. This is what I have experienced. While playing in IGG, I got to know people like Taul whom were more interested in learning people rather than getting mad with every error you might make. I am not a childish person and I will accept a rejection if the reason is good. I know that death knights are not prioritized but It’s really fun discussing with fellow brethren Bandwagon about skills, nerfs etc and I believe that with the help of The Ruin, Kelton might become an awesome death knight. I also understand if I cannot join different raids for different reasons, I could still standby if any member gets disconnected etc. Obtaining knowledge can be vital later on when new players join. I can be that person that teaches them the ways of the Death knight.

Tell Us Something Unique About Yourself!

I love humor. I love ridiculous people and I love making jokes on Vent. I think that every person is unique which means that you can learn something new about every single person. That is a fact. Something’s may seem pretty usual to me, might be something fascinating to my fellow mates. I also think that it’s better to ask someone experienced about something you’re unaware of rather than playing along and making a fool of yourself.

Finally, I would like to give a shoutout to Kenjai and his application which has been used as a template for my application. A template that should be used by all applicants, in my opinion.

If there is any further questions, feel free to whisper me or post a reply here. All criticism is good criticism.

Kind regards,
Kelton.

[i]
Back to top Go down
Exb

Exb

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 am

Wow Shocked awesome app there Very Happy
Since we're doing Ulduar now, I think our gear req has been raised?
And your gear might not be so siutable for Ulduar Neutral But I'll leave the dessision
to our DK CL Smile Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Madstm

Madstm

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:03 am

I did just look you up on zhe internet :> .
Your enchant's isent that good ;( .

''Proper enchants: 2
Accepted enchants: 1
Improper enchants: 1
Missing enchants: 5''

But wasent you a old member of IGG ? Surprised .
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:02 am

Excellent application, excellent player and an excellent person who I know we will love having in our raids.
And since we only have 3 active DK's, I will definately take this application in consideration and bring it to the other officers attention.
Although he does lack some gear and some enchants, I do know that this guy will do all he can to farm up, gear up and put up.
This is a funny, serious, mature and active player. Just the type of guy we need.

Stay tuned for more info!

--edit--
And yeah, he was in IGG Razz

Last edited by Bandwagon on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding stuff, wording)
Back to top Go down
Kelton

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 am

G'Mornin!

Yes, I was an old IGG member and I got some friends playing in Ruin.
About the gear/enchant part. I am very aware of the situation and the lack of gears/enchants, but I believe that it's a growing process that needs and will be taken care of. It's just a matter of time! :>

To Bandwagon;
Thank you for those words brother!

Regards,
Kelton
Back to top Go down
BrummeL

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Id say we have him respec as a DK tank, as thats the only " dk part " we need.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 pm

BrummeL wrote:
Id say we have him respec as a DK tank, as thats the only " dk part " we need.
Hey, thats actually a good idea. I'll bring this to discussion.
Back to top Go down
BrummeL

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:42 pm

=)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelton - Death Knight   Kelton - Death Knight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kelton - Death Knight
Page 1 of 1